Monday, June 29, 2009

Self Esteem Challenge




Saturday, my husband and I became godparents for the first time. It was an extreme honor and I was humbled as we stood in church and agreed to accept shared responsibility in raising our little niece to be a good person. I loved sharing this day with my husband and got a renewed spirit from it all.

As I looked over the photos, I was reminded that I am still a little self conscious of my figure. Even though I know that my body was gracious enough to allow me to bring my boys into this world, I can't seem to get into shape fast enough. Having babies sure changes ones idea of a perfect body, does't it?

I have shared with you one of my self-esteem challenges. Please comment and tell me about one of your self-esteem challenges. Let's all support one another and remind ourselves that we are beautiful people, with our challenges and flaws being the main reason that we are all so uniquely beautiful!


4 comments:

  1. Dear Carmen,

    Consider to join us for A Wonderous Woman Retreat
    on August 13,14,and 15

    The Wonderous Woman retreat program leads and encourages every woman to connect to all facets of her purpose and value. Our approach is to create experiential retreats in beautiful venues where you can connect to your mind, body and spirit.

    It's easy to take care of everyone else in our lives, but we tend to forget about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your husband for becoming godparents. It's such an honor and lifelong rewarding relationship for you and the child. I agree with you that a mom's body does settle into a "new shape" after all those pregnancies. I have my days where it bothers me and then there are other days where it looks o.k. to me. Now that I'm 40 with 4 kids, I have to accept happily that my body will not look like a 20 something anymore:) I'm striving to exercise more and feel fit all over again. By the way, your body looks fine :) We are all beauties in our own way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I go to the beach and strut my stuff, I always figure...I'm not the skinniest and I'm not the biggest. Somewhere in the middle just like everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you Twitter and will be following you there but I really like your blog posts and wish you would come back to do it every once in a while. I know how that silly thing called life gets in the way, but just wanted to let you know your readers miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete